Angelfish has mysterious white blotch??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shiina107

Aquarium Advice Regular
Overnight my angelfish suddenly has this white splotch on its forehead!! I have no idea what it could be besides maybe slime cost bruising from bumping into something? Anyone got an idea???IMG_2499.jpgIMG_2500.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but looks like it could be a fungal infection. I would recommend frequent water changes. If the condition doesn't improve I would try dosing the tank with Kanaplex or another brand of kanamycin.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but looks like it could be a fungal infection. I would recommend frequent water changes. If the condition doesn't improve I would try dosing the tank with Kanaplex or another brand of kanamycin.

Can a fungus really pop up that fast?? That’s crazy! It legit happened overnight. I’ll go pick up either of those fungicides just Incase things take a turn!

Can a fungus really pop up that fast?? That’s crazy! It legit happened overnight. I’ll go pick up either of those fungicides just Incase things take a turn!

It may not be anything yet, so you could just keep the water clean and see if it goes away on it's own.

I'm not sure how fast a fungal infection can develop, but if the fish cuts itself that can be how it starts. A round of kanamycin treatment isn't too hard on the fish, but definitely follow the instructions and stop treatment for a week after the 3 doses, (6 days) if you decide to try it.

It may not be anything yet, so you could just keep the water clean and see if it goes away on it's own.

I'm not sure how fast a fungal infection can develop, but if the fish cuts itself that can be how it starts. A round of kanamycin treatment isn't too hard on the fish, but definitely follow the instructions and stop treatment for a week after the 3 doses, (6 days) if you decide to try it.

I think I will maybe try dosing with some sort of preventative med like perhaps Melafix to just prevent infection. It doesn’t look, I guess “3d” like a fungus, it’s flat to the body but looks a little torn up towards the front of the head like it got scratched. I’ll keep a close eye and give updates but also grab some actual meds just Incase.

Back
Top Bottom