Angelfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyloRen

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have two ghost blue angels in my 55 they are about quarter size and four dime size platinum angels in my ten (waiting for them to get bigger before I move them)
Sometimes they would swim with one side pointing up towards the top of the tank I was wondering is this a normal thing should I be worried they act fine they eat well I do water changes once a week but for the ten gallon I do it twice since it's a bit crowded should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Huh. Well, IMO i would switch out the 4 smaller Angels for the 2 slightly larger ones in the 55, because the smaller ones will grow faster in the larger tank. Quarter size is ok in a 10. I have had fish that were bigger than half-dollar in a 10, and they were ok. But if you get the smaller ones up to size quicker it will reduce the stress on those Angels and you.

Unless they have a disease, which is maybe why they act like that? I would let someone clear that up before moving anything.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I have a bunch of juvie angels too. I've noticed them doing the same thing when they are sleeping. They seem fine once the light comes on but before then I've seen them on their side or even flip upside down momentarily.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are any of your fish missing an eye ball? My angel does that sometimes too I suspect it's to get a better look at what's under him.

Huh. Well, IMO i would switch out the 4 smaller Angels for the 2 slightly larger ones in the 55, because the smaller ones will grow faster in the larger tank. Quarter size is ok in a 10. I have had fish that were bigger than half-dollar in a 10, and they were ok. But if you get the smaller ones up to size quicker it will reduce the stress on those Angels and you.

Unless they have a disease, which is maybe why they act like that? I would let someone clear that up before moving anything.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would move them but there is a pretty decent size spotted catfish in the 55 and I'm afraid of him making my angel lunch

I have a bunch of juvie angels too. I've noticed them doing the same thing when they are sleeping. They seem fine once the light comes on but before then I've seen them on their side or even flip upside down momentarily.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think I've seen mine do a full flip before

Are any of your fish missing an eye ball? My angel does that sometimes too I suspect it's to get a better look at what's under him.

I'm not sure actually I'll check to see but I think they all have their eyes

My male lost his eye to his mate who was protecting their wigglers.

Back
Top Bottom