Angelfish identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlefish4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys! I've got a 29g month old tank and i picked up an angelfish from my LFS. Is this a gold veil Angel?

Here he is.

Attachments

• 1453232019375-792968963.jpg
    1453232019375-792968963.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 73
Negative. We had orangish yellow koi angels that looked just like that in our work tank. They also had that red spot near their mouth.

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Doesn't look veil to me. Veils have very long barbels, tall fins on the top and bottom (forgot name. Dorsal?) And a long flowing tail.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Doesn't look veil to me. Veils have very long barbels, tall fins on the top and bottom (forgot name. Dorsal?) And a long flowing tail.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any ideas on what it might be then?

That is not a KOI, that is a Sunset. Sunset = Gold with two stripeless genes. And not a veil, a standard fin.

I had never heard of a sunset angelfish before lol pictures line up though

Anyone know how big they get? I've had it for two weeks and he's still 2 inches tops. Couldn't find it on web

It is just a color variety. With good genes and good diet and big enough tank should grow to normal size.

How large is the tank ? What stock ?
Overstocked or small tanks can limit growth also.

I feed variety. When I had Angels mine ate frozen and live food as well as Omega One color flakes and some pelleted food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is just a color variety. With good genes and good diet and big enough tank should grow to normal size.

How large is the tank ? What stock ?
Overstocked or small tanks can limit growth also.

I feed variety. When I had Angels mine ate frozen and live food as well as Omega One color flakes and some pelleted food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tank is a 29g with just the angel and an opaline gourami.
I feed with omega one freeze dried bloodworms and some national geographic tropical energy flakes.

What's considered regular size? 5-6 inches top to bottom?

Back
Top Bottom