Angelfish infected or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenAngel

Aquarium Advice Freak
My angelfish has has these weird spot like things come up that are sort of black in the middle and ringed with a VERY thin layer of white. I can't decide if they are markings, bubbles, loose scales (if that's even a thing), or a disease of some sort. Any input would be nice. 30 gallon aquarium, has been running for almost a year, I have had this angel for about 6-7 months, tank mates = 1 other angel, 4 cory cats, 3 kuhli loaches, 5 tetras, and a clown pleco I never see. I will admit, the tank does need to be cleaned but I am not sure what my water parameters are. Also, is he old enough to tell the gender of yet?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431922839.507527.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431922857.823519.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431922872.257903.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looks like hlle whoch can become permenantly disfiguring so we really need to know the parameters of the tank.

Alright, I'll try to do a test tomorrow. However, I tested the water straight out of the tap before and it resulted in very high parameters that had many people concerned about our water quality when I was first setting up the tank. I also added purigen to the tank today, so if a problem does come up with the parameters it may be hard to decide why. I know the purigen should help fix them though, and since seeing the high level of ammonia and nitrites in our water I've started using prime during water changes to bring them down. If it is that, what steps can be taken to help him?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom