Angelfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone ever done this? If I upgrade my freswater to a 55 I would love to add many kinds of angels! I would have a few other fish in there, but the main focus would be angels.

I have had anywhere from 2 - 5 angels in my 55 gal for about 5 years now. I have some tetras and other fish though and I think your idea is AWESOME. When I get ready for my next bigger tank, I would like to do an angel specific tank, keep us posted!

I have had anywhere from 2 - 5 angels in my 55 gal for about 5 years now. I have some tetras and other fish though and I think your idea is AWESOME. When I get ready for my next bigger tank, I would like to do an angel specific tank, keep us posted!

Thank you, I hope I can do it. I'm selling my iPad so I can get more money for the fish:). I just love how there are so many different varietys of angels! They are absolutely stunning. If I end up doing this, I will certainly keep everyone posted.

If the angels breed, is there anything I can feed the babies other than live foods that I have to culture? Culturing seems very difficult.

If the angels breed, is there anything I can feed the babies other than live foods that I have to culture? Culturing seems very difficult.

I was a little intimidated by live food so I tried some stuff called my first food ( I think) it was almost a powder so it was really hard to measure how much to feed, but they ate it up although it made a real mess in the breeder box I put the fry in so I learned how to hatch baby brine shrimp (BBS) and it's really easy! Just need a light bulb, air pump, and a small plastic container with a lid.

Do you only have to hatch them once?

MMMmmmm nooo, you have to kind of continually start them every 2 or 3 days if I remember right so it's kind of a pain sometimes, but I felt it was worth it. As many people say, you can feed them really finely ground flake food, eggs (not me), and there were other fry type foods at the LFS that you could try.

JoeBob said:
MMMmmmm nooo, you have to kind of continually start them every 2 or 3 days if I remember right so it's kind of a pain sometimes, but I felt it was worth it. As many people say, you can feed them really finely ground flake food, eggs (not me), and there were other fry type foods at the LFS that you could try.

Ok thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom