Angelfish tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The fish guy8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a 55 gallon tank with a sun sun 302 h and want to get 4 angelfish with like 5 cory catfish. I would like to know what other fish I could get with the angels and how many.

Maybe fish like mollies, guppies, rasboras, platys.

I’m with tuna. A mess of Cory’s on the bottom would be sweet

If the aquascaping includes rocks and driftwood, might include a small grouping of Blue German or Bolivian rams.

You could probably get away clean with a trio of swords.1 male and 2 females should be a nice activity level and a different color to the mix. The angels would probably eliminate the burden of over population by eating the sword fry.
If the tank is kept at 80 degrees or over the German blue/electric blue rmas would also be nice.
If tank is kept under 80 I would lean towards the Bolivian rams...
I agree on more cories [all the same type].They show their humorous personality best in groups of 8+ IMO ,and the more the better up to 15 in your tank size...

ANGELS..
I would not even stock a 55 with discus..
They IMO like German rams really need to be #1 fish in tank..

I have angelfish with rams and all getting along great. Rams are very active and beautiful. However German and Electric blue rams are little sensitive and require warm water. My Angels doing good in little warm temperature with rams. Also put all angels at once in your tank or the ones you add later won't be welcomed by existing Angels.

Discus I don't recommend at all. Angelfish in 50 is ok.

Back
Top Bottom