angels doing ok so far...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some chasing is ok. The Bolivian ram won't do any damage to them. Before too long they will be larger than the ram anyway so it won't matter. LOL. :)

Personally, I think veils tend to be less aggressive, which is good in a community tank. I would add a larger plant for cover. The veils can be especially shy and would probably be more comfortable with more hides.

When I got my angel babies, they were shy for a bit and hid behind plants and things. But, as they get comfortable with the tank, thats not a concern anymore. Mine are almost never in my Bolivian rams' space becaue they stay higher in the tank now. :)

Thanks everyone. Yes I was thinking the angels are gonna outgrow the ram anyway and the ram doesn't seem to be hurting them, just like he's saying "this is my tank" lol. And yes the wisteria grows more everyday so it will provide a lot of cover.

Angels are a whole lot less shy when they get a little size on them. Yours will likely spend a lot less time toward the bottom of the tank, where your ram is, and more time in the top half as they grow. That's been my experience with angels, anyway. They're some of the biggest beggars in the hobby. Yours will be rushing the glass in no time when they see you. LOL.

severum mama said:
Angels are a whole lot less shy when they get a little size on them. Yours will likely spend a lot less time toward the bottom of the tank, where your ram is, and more time in the top half as they grow. That's been my experience with angels, anyway. They're some of the biggest beggars in the hobby. Yours will be rushing the glass in no time when they see you. LOL.

Hahah that is EXACTLY what mine does. As soon as it sees anyone in the family, fir that matter, it it practically having a heart-attack against the glass hahah!! He has the most personallity of all my fish though. Congrats on the new additions, they look beutiful

Haha mine used to do this and when i go to my lfs and put my hand in front of the tank with like 20 quarter size angels in it they all swarm to the glass by my hand

They are little pigs!! I sleep in the same room as my tank and as soon as I lift a finger in the morning they are swishing their little butts at the glass. I think they watch me as much as I do them.

Well I have had them for a week now and they are still doing great. They are learning to beg... And the ram seems to be chasing them less often.

Well I have had them for a week now and they are still doing great. They are learning to beg... And the ram seems to be chasing them less often.

Sounds like you're doing great! I had the reverse experience, I had a pair of adult angels and introduced a couple of GBR in my tank and at first the angels kind of shoved the rams around, but once the biggest male ram got acclimated he started chasing the angel everywhere! Never for long, just to get him out of his face, but it was hilarious seeing this 2" ram chasing my 6" veilteil angel! Talk about David and Goliath! Hope it continues well and you enjoy your experience, rams and angels are a great combo!

just an update. These two angels are doing great. They have already visibly grown a bit and are eating very well. They really do complete my tank.

Back
Top Bottom