Angels eating all my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I decided to rehome my gf's two medium sized angelfish into my 55 gallon which has 13 glofish, 3 ottos, and did have a lot of red cherry shrimp. The angels love their new home and love their new diet of red cherry shrimp and glofish tails.
Idk what I should do. I really want to return the angels somewhere that won't kill them and replace them with some other larger fish that won't eat shrimp or glofish but is a really cool fish. What kind of fish should I get to add to what I have and replace the angels?

Where are you located? I'm in cumming Georgia. I got a empty 30g tank. I would take them from you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol! OK, just tried to help! Good luck my aquarium friend!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anyone had any recommendations on different fish?

Most larger fish that can fit the cherry shrimp in their mouth will eat the cherry shrimp. That's the problem. Cherry shrimp don't get very big, so it's not like Amano shrimp, where you could buy massive adults that wouldn't fit in an Angelfish's mouth in the first place.

I can't think of any fish the size of an angel that wouldn't try to eat cherry shrimp.

"Glofish" are Zebra Danios with a fluorescent gene, right? I'm surprised the Angels are going for those. Are they still really small, the danios?

Oh ok.

Yeh they are danios genetically engineered. No these are full grown. We've had glofish with angels before and they didn't try to eat them.

Oh ok.

Yeh they are danios genetically engineered. No these are full grown. We've had glofish with angels before and they didn't try to eat them.

It's possible that these particular angels have never been exposed to small fish similar to these before. I have kept angels with small tetras and a friend of mine kept one with large neons and we also had no problems.

You can try switching the angels out for new angels, bought at "quarter" body size, so they grow up with the cherries and danios and hopefully never try to eat them. No guarantees though.

We went ahead and put them for adoption at petco. A guy came there looking for angels earlier too.

So idt I wanna go with angels. I wanna find something else to really make my tank look good. I have 13 glofish, 3 ottos, and 1 pleco. 55 gallon tank. Sand substrate and driftwood. Adding plants soon.

Any suggestions on a fish that won't eat my other fish? And I'm thinking about that crawfish looking critter and definitely more RCS

We went ahead and put them for adoption at petco. A guy came there looking for angels earlier too.

So idt I wanna go with angels. I wanna find something else to really make my tank look good. I have 13 glofish, 3 ottos, and 1 pleco. 55 gallon tank. Sand substrate and driftwood. Adding plants soon.

Any suggestions on a fish that won't eat my other fish? And I'm thinking about that crawfish looking critter and definitely more RCS

I hope it's not a common pleco. If it is a common, I'd exchange it for a bristlenosed or other (smaller) alternative for your 55.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f29/list-of-plecos-under-8-a-289627.html

It is a common. He's been living in my fiancées ten gallon for years before I even met her and before I got into aquariums and learned everything. I know it's not big enough for him but he is a lot happier in the 55 gallon than he was. He is our favorite fish and would be the hardest to give away.

I like rasboras and they're very peaceful fish. I have 2 harlequin rasboras that I've had for a few years. I also have 3 lyretail swordfish that are beautiful. The longer their fins get, the cooler they look.

What "crawfish looking critter"?

Have you looked at praecox rainbows? A school of them is a very active and beautiful addition to a 55g tank. Their mouths are too small to successfully eat adult cherry shrimp most of the time as well.

I think it is just a freshwater crayfish but idk if imma get that. I really like the Denison barbs, lyretail swordfish, and preacox rainbows. These will all be ok with shrimp, glofish, and ottos?

I think it is just a freshwater crayfish but idk if imma get that. I really like the Denison barbs, lyretail swordfish, and preacox rainbows. These will all be ok with shrimp, glofish, and ottos?

In theory. I've heard of swordtails (not swordfish) eating cherry shrimp but I've never heard of Denison barbs or preacox rainbows doing it. Your mileage may vary though.

Back
Top Bottom