Angels, Rams, and schoolers..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok sounds like neons will be a no go. Now this is all opinionated but should i do all of one type or several types mixed? And if so which are the best?

If your not set on the angels you could do some sort of barbs/loaches. The long fins make easy targets for nipping.

I would do the BR some sort of barb (mid lv) and kulhi loaches(bottom)

Side note... Any barb but tiger lol. They are just to common.

Ok well i might stop by house of tropicals soon and check out some stuff. Then i can decide on what to do as far as stocking.

The ich seems like it isnt slowing down.. Idk about the parasites he may have. I guess we will know by the end of the week if i will have to look at a new stock. As of the now the featherfins look like they are doing ok. So i guess we'll just wait and see.

Hey just posting again on another stock option.

1-synodontis eupterus (african featherfin)
3- angelfish
1- clown pleco/bristlenose (depends what i can get)
15-20 neon tetras

Or...

Everything the same as above except:

2-angelfish
1-?

And how does the first one sound?

Aski247 said:
If your not set on the angels you could do some sort of barbs/loaches. The long fins make easy targets for nipping.

I would do the BR some sort of barb (mid lv) and kulhi loaches(bottom)

Side note... Any barb but tiger lol. They are just to common.

I have 2 brs with kulhi loaches and they do fine. Just a word of warning, kulhi loaches constantly go 100 miles per hour so they might stress some fish out.

Tetra1990 said:
I have 2 brs with kulhi loaches and they do fine. Just a word of warning, kulhi loaches constantly go 100 miles per hour so they might stress some fish out.

That didnt really answer my question

I agree. Only get 2 angelfish. And instead of neons you could get blue emperor tetras. They are bigger so you couldn't get 15-20, but they are less likely to end up as food.

How is the GT doing now? He is an insanely awesome looking fish, that would be terrible to lose it.

bud29 said:
I agree. Only get 2 angelfish. And instead of neons you could get blue emperor tetras. They are bigger so you couldn't get 15-20, but they are less likely to end up as food.

How is the GT doing now? He is an insanely awesome looking fish, that would be terrible to lose it.

Ok sounds awesome. And im not gonna give up hope yet. Working on parasite treatment. We'll see after two more days. He is my favorite fish by far as of now and it would kill me to lose him. The ich is finally gone and ill be turning the heat down tomorrow. My only concern is that ever since the ich he has been hiding a lot more. Since hes quite tolerant of all fish ive added so far im thinking about adding a nice school of rainbows to bring some life to the tank and hopefull bring out the GT again. Thanks for all your help guys!

That's great, but before ya spend money on rainbows. I'd recommend trying giant danios first. Say a school of 5-6.

Just to make sure he won't see the rainbows as food. The GD's are waaaay cheaper. No sense in buying 40$ worth of feeders when ya could spend 8$.

I'll just throw my 2 cents in on tetra ideas:) Might I suggest some lovely diamond tetras. They have a different shaped body so there would be no chance of anything eating them. Plus they're body in the light is 1000xs more colorful and gorgeous than any neon tetra. I'd do about 10 or so of those in your tank. Trust me, you will never regret it!

Yeah you could also get like 7 zebra danios instead of the giant ones. Up to you, but IMO zebra danios are awesome and I have heard they are excellent dither fish.

Ok wow thanks for all that but i actually rescued 2 boesemani rainbow from my friends take as well as a synodontis eupterus which im trying to rehome but i love these rainbows. (one i actually dont think is a boesemani...? Anyway) i love there colors and ill risk it with these two first

Back
Top Bottom