angels vs. snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
lately my angels seem to be very interested in my mystery snails. it doesn't look like they're doing anything but sort of ramming the shells, but i'm worried it could turn bad?

Hmmm, are they trying to protect a territory? I know mine only do that when someone they don't want is getting close. They won't cause any harm to him but mysteries are a little stubborn.

hadn't thought of that... could be the case. now that i think about it along those lines, it does only happen (or i have only seen it happen) on one side of the tank.
brings up another question: could my angels be getting closer to pairing off? i know to watch for aggression as they mature. the only specific behavior i've seen mentioned is the "mouth wrestling"... maybe this is another indication two of them will need moved soon? are there any other telling signs i can look out for?

Typical sure signs of pairing up:

1. They stay together for longer durations, one following the other
2. They begin "cleaning" plants and/or decorations...even bobbing on the surface for some air to help with the cleaning process
3. They pay attention to one or more particular spots, especially the areas being cleaned.
4. They dive bomb and spear/nudge anyone near these areas.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom