Angels with schooling tetras ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquageek59

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal with 3 corys, 3 ootos, 6 neons, 6 glowlight ,3 Pristella and 4 Von Rio tetras.I'm looking for a community fish that won't terrorize my tetras but breaks up the small schooling fish theme. Was thinking a pair of angels but don't want to disrupt the peace and harmony that exists.Am I asking for trouble (fin nipping, bullying) etc. Is there a better choice for filling this spot ?

Thanks-

Gene

A pair of Angels in a 29 will eventually be problems. You would be better off with another choice as a larger fish. Keep in mind however, the law of the jungle says that "big fish eat little fish" so when I say "larger fish", I mean more just slightly larger than what you have. You may want to consider fish like Platies, Dwarf Gourami types or other more colorful fish that have smaller mouths. That way you can have a single more colorful fish without the fear of them eating your existing fish.
Hope this helps (y)

Research German Blue Rams or the slightly larger Bolivian rams. They are dwarf South American cichlids. They swim mostly near the bottom level of the tank and probably won't pay much attention to your tetras.

Also thinking of gourami size. Good size Congo tetras will be fine with them but your tank is too small unfortunately. Anything neon sized (including any new fish) can get hunted down I found even in a 150gal.

Back
Top Bottom