Angels with tigerbarbs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin144

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok my 72 bow front tank currently has 3 angels in it with one pictus cat and 1 large black shark . I was wondering what I could do as a schooling smaller fish and if tiger barbs would be safe with the angels ? Since they can be fin nippers . And should I get another angel because the smallest if the three seems to get bullied and top fin seems to always be nipped some ? I don't know if the other two are beginning up pair or what ?

Ok my 72 bow front tank currently has 3 angels in it with one pictus cat and 1 large black shark . I was wondering what I could do as a schooling smaller fish and if tiger barbs would be safe with the angels ? Since they can be fin nippers . And should I get another angel because the smallest if the three seems to get bullied and top fin seems to always be nipped some ? I don't know if the other two are beginning up pair or what ?

Not sure about the number of angels but I do know that tiger barbs are a recipe for disaster.

no tetras with angels and yes get another one till they start to pair off then u will have to move the pair to there own tank

I wouldn't keep tiger barbs with angels but I keep cherry barbs, rummynose, cardinals, and diamond tetra's with my angels along with purple rasboras and threadfin rainbowfish in my 220g tank with 12 angels. All paired.

In a 72g IMO you can keep 2 pairs as I have done it before. The thing right now is even if you add another angel it too will most likely be picked on. I've often had the best luck when adding a new angel/s is to remove the current ones, rearrange the tank, add the new angel, then re-add the other 3. This often, but not always, helps fool the old angels into thinking they are in a new tank without a territory. But I'd also add 3 more new angels not one as having at least 6 angels usually keeps aggression more spread out among them with no one individual getting picked on exclusively.

Yeah I try to defend tiger barbs when I can but with angels i would not mix them.

Ok so what about a large school of cardinal tetra or harlequin rasbora?

And could I do a group of 6 angels in a 72 gallon ??

Why don't you try some gourami?
They usually stick to nipping each other, and with their Wong feelers they are a good visual match.

I though about gouramies but I am looking for somthing in the background like a large school of cardinal tetras . And I just feel bad for the one angel

Back
Top Bottom