Anglefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many of them can go in a tank with out killing each other?

55 and yes. So far it just one angle but it keeps trying to eat my guppies. So I took my guppies out.

Okay. Angels generally will not 'attack and kill each other' unless there is inadequate space. I have 6 angels in my 55 gallon - pushing it yes - but they are doing very well with my juvenile Oscar, tetras, and glass fish.
Keep them in even numbers so no one gets singled out. That's where aggression will happen.
You can keep up to 6 adults in a 55, but be prepared for a slightly more overstocked tank that will require more water changes. Mine are all silver dollar size and one softball size.

Most people would probably say 4 at the max. I believe 6 works if you do water changes enough and watch your parameters closely.

6 would be ok as said above but definitely with extra water changes. You could also over filter the tank, which would help with the water quality issue. I tend to run 2 filters in my main tank. 1 which is more than enough for the tank size and a second which isn't quite a powerful but spreads the load a bit. It also makes it easier if I need to set up an other tank in a hurry. It never hurts to have some extra pre cycled media around.

Well I just have one angle could that be why it's eating my fish.

This is what the angle did to my guppies

Attachments

• image-2921784822.jpg
    image-2921784822.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 81
If you've got a couple then they tend to be more interested in each other than other fish, similar to having a group of 8 or more tiger barbs can cut down significantly how fin nippy they are, so it could be the problem, or the angel may just be a bully, which can also happen.

Yep they should do. Their fins can take a lot of damage and still grow back ok. The only time I've seen one not grow back was when it had been completely ripped out and even then he went on to live for years afterwards. Adding a treatment with aloe Vera in it can help to speed the healing process up.

Yep they should do. Their fins can take a lot of damage and still grow back ok. The only time I've seen one not grow back was when it had been completely ripped out and even then he went on to live for years afterwards. Adding a treatment with aloe Vera in it can help to speed the healing process up.

How long will it take to grow back?

It can take as long as a couple of months if the damage is severe, but it doesn't look that bad so it should be within the month.

Ya 6 for a 55 would be ok! But I have a question to...I left for a week and got a angel 2days before. One died out of 2.. I have 9black skirt.9blood tetras.4corrys,1pictus,2 simes algae eaters. 1 snail... Would I be able to jest go to the store and get 1? There smaller than the black skirts.

Okay. Angels generally will not 'attack and kill each other' unless there is inadequate space. I have 6 angels in my 55 gallon - pushing it yes - but they are doing very well with my juvenile Oscar, tetras, and glass fish.
Keep them in even numbers so no one gets singled out. That's where aggression will happen.
You can keep up to 6 adults in a 55, but be prepared for a slightly more overstocked tank that will require more water changes. Mine are all silver dollar size and one softball size.

Most people would probably say 4 at the max. I believe 6 works if you do water changes enough and watch your parameters closely.

You don't need even numbers. That's a myth. IME

If you buy juvenile ANGELS ( not angles) they tend to pair up as they grow up. 6 does not leave much room to get away. If you want to breed them you can let them pair and separate or sell the extras.

Angels are Cichlids. Some if purchased as babies can be raised with small fish. Others may just hunt and eat small fish.

Live plants and wood can help provide sight breaks and hiding spots.

Back
Top Bottom