Annubias question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so a for a while i thought all my annubias was dieing

I then found out it was algae only to find my plants green and healthy

So how do i clean all the algae off the plants???

Well i have em tied down

Would it be ok to go in the tank with a soft toothbrush and rub off the algae?

What type of algae is it? Not all will clean off plus unless you figure out why they are getting algae to start with it will just keep coming back. What size tank? What type lights and how long do you run them daily. Do you use ferts? What are you nitrate and phosphate levels? Also a picture of the algae would help to identify which algae your dealing with.

What type of algae is it? Not all will clean off plus unless you figure out why they are getting algae to start with it will just keep coming back. What size tank? What type lights and how long do you run them daily. Do you use ferts? What are you nitrate and phosphate levels? Also a picture of the algae would help to identify which algae your dealing with.

+1
If you brush it off with paper towel, toothbrush, etc, the algae will come again. I suggest either getting more algae fighting plants
( water sprite, cabomba, etc ) , leave the lights on less ( 10 or less ), or get an algae eater/snail.

When algae is active in a tank running lights only 6 hours will really help. Also knowing the type of algae your dealing with would help because some algaes can be spot treated using Excel or Hydrogen Peroxide 3%.

When algae is active in a tank running lights only 6 hours will really help. Also knowing the type of algae your dealing with would help because some algaes can be spot treated using Excel or Hydrogen Peroxide 3%.

Whenever I got an algae breakout on my anubias, I scrubbed the algae off and just kept the light off for the next 1-2 days. Afterwards algae didn't grow again on it. ( I keep the light on for around 9 hours now )

Back
Top Bottom