Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Another Brainstorm idea......

Well, I went over one idea already about the filters. Now here's my other idea I was looking at, besides the filters. This will be for my External Water Pump. I would have a 3rd set of holes drilled, and a 3rd spraybar. Since the 300G tank is 8 feet long, the 2 spraybars from the filters won't take up a lot of space. So here's my idea.

The 3rd set of holes with bulkheads will be 3/4", for my external water pump. On the intake side, I'll have a similar setup as in my other thread for the filters. It will go down to the intake of the water pump. Now for the output side, after the water pump, it will run through a CO2 reactor. It will probably be my Reactor 1000 that I had bought a while back ago. It will be mounted under the tank stand. Then from the reactor, it will go to the 3rd spraybar, which will be a DIY spraybar. Either that, or I may run the PVC under the gravel and have sprinkler style outputs poking up through the gravel in various locations in the tank, each having a 360 degree output. What do you think? Any input is appreciated....

Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have you given any thought to a sump style of filter for this tank? I think it could be cheaper and you certainly have the room under the tank.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
I thought about it, but with overflows, would be too much CO2 loss I think. I want to keep it all self-contained via cannister filters and a closed-loop water pump/CO2 reactor.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com