Another CO2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luckily this place is only about 15-20 minutes from me so no shipping and it'll be easy to refill. I actually checked on some home brewing boards to see if they mentioned anywhere else and there are really only two places around me that were mentioned. One being the welder supply place and the second being a company called airgas but it's a longer and more difficult drive.

The guy on the phone asked me all these questions about what I needed and I made the stupid mistake of saying "I don't know I've never bought one before, it's for an aquarium." I just wanted to double check that it didn't seem like I was being taken advantage of.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just make sure the head of the bottle (the bottle valve) is a CGA320.

What's your tank size and your lighting system ? T5HO, T5, T8 ? Leds ?
How much watts ?

CO2 won't be usefull or could be toxic for fishs if lights isn't strong enough

The 10# tank should last a long time between refills. I am averaging about 4-4.5 months between refills on a 24 oz tank. It is running about 7 hours at 5-7 bps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The 10# tank should last a long time between refills. I am averaging about 4-4.5 months between refills on a 24 oz tank. It is running about 7 hours at 5-7 bps.

Yeah, my 10 pound is still working after 1.5 year without refill, now i'm at 1.5-2 bubbles/sec, but I started at 3-5 bubbles/sec

Ah dude, I forgot to mention, but a pro tip:

Before you assemble anything (Special attention to the connection between the CGA320 valve and the regulator), PUT TEFLON TAPE EVERYWHERE !!!!!!!

Or you'll last 2 months instead > 1 year haha

Also check for micro/leaks with a spray bottle and water.

Just make sure the head of the bottle (the bottle valve) is a CGA320.

What's your tank size and your lighting system ? T5HO, T5, T8 ? Leds ?
How much watts ?

CO2 won't be usefull or could be toxic for fishs if lights isn't strong enough

Tank is 150 gallons.
Lighting is 2 36" current USA satellite+ and 2 36" Finnex Fugeray planted+. It's enough lighting to cause algae growth with no over feeding of the fish.

And hm, I didn't ask about the valve being CGA320. I'd assume it is, that's standard, correct? But I haven't ordered yet, I won't be able to get over there and pick it up until late next week, so when I call to order I'll double check on that.

Sorry, I meant regulator.

I haven't bought anything for this yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-AQUATEK-Regulator-TOUCH-SOLENOID/dp/B0041YLM7G/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

That's the regulator I've been looking at, in the questions section someone asks if it fits the CGA320 and it's a mix of answers between yes and no. It's stated they sell an adaptor for it if it doesn't fit, so that's something I could look into.

Tank is 150 gallons.
Lighting is 2 36" current USA satellite+ and 2 36" Finnex Fugeray planted+. It's enough lighting to cause algae growth with no over feeding of the fish.

Can I ask you the exact dimentions of the tank (aquarium) ? Height, Width, Lenght ?

I'll make a calculation according to your lighting system, so we'll get the LUX and PAR values, but I'll refer to LSI during calculation.

==========================
CGA320 is standard CO2 valve.

Look likes this:
02F08127.jpg

Also you'll need a bridge of antireturn (checkvalves)...

I've put 4 on my tank... Or you'll see the water from the aquarium going back in the tubing during the night...

Can I ask you the exact dimentions of the tank (aquarium) ? Height, Width, Lenght ?

I'll make a calculation according to your lighting system, so we'll get the LUX and PAR values, but I'll refer to LSI during calculation.

==========================
CGA320 is standard CO2 valve.

Look likes this:
02F08127.jpg

Tank is 72x18x28" LxWxH

Substrate is around 2-2.5" deep.

Wow you two are on top of this. I appreciate it.

I'll get the premium regulator, hadn't even seen that on Amazon.

And yeah, for some weird reason I love check valves so I'll definitely have those.

If you can try them in the store, use your mouth to blow in the tube, I mean, reverse side, just to make sure no air go reverse side, the LFS near my home was selling too much cheap...

Finally, I don't need your aquarium dimensions, with my calculation char I cannot calculate from LEDs systems. Sorry.

If you can try them in the store, use your mouth to blow in the tube, I mean, reverse side, just to make sure no air go reverse side, the LFS near my home was selling too much cheap...

Finally, I don't need your aquarium dimensions, with my calculation char I cannot calculate from LEDs systems. Sorry.

It's all good.

They do use the CGA320 valve. I went ahead and ordered the premium Aquatek regulator and CO2 tubing. Will order the tank early next week.

36" satellite light seems a bit low lighting for a 150g IMO..

Maybe some people used this system can give us their opinon.

It's 108 x 0.23 watts led power... (The double cause you have two time this fixture).

You have your CO2 Drop Checker ?

36" satellite light seems a bit low lighting for a 150g IMO..

Maybe some people used this system can give us their opinon.

It's 108 x 0.23 watts led power... (The double cause you have two time this fixture).

You have your CO2 Drop Checker ?

The satellites are basically for color. The finnex planted+ are for lighting.

Nope, I knew I was forgetting a few things but forgot what they were. I have a list going though, will be buying things piece by piece.

So still left to order:
Drop checker (any recommendations? The reviews I'm reading make me nervous of the solution leaking into the tank)
Bubble counter
Timer
Solution for drop checker
And some diffuser to place under the intake of my canister.

The regulator you ordered comes with a bubble counter and integrated check valve.
I ordered the Fluval drop checker and ceramic diffuser. I still use the DC but not the diffuser. The Fluval DC comes with an indicator fluid and is pretty easy to read. I also ordered a generic glass/ceramic from Amazon which I still use. I also have a glass drop checker and fluid from Brookster.
You will need a timer that accepts a 3 prong plug

Back
Top Bottom