another stocking brainstorming thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
agree, pearl gouramis, from what you're describing you want, is exactly what you're looking for! They're simply amazing fish. If it already hasn't been suggested thread fin rainbows are very Cool. Rams will also be a good idea.

Someone did suggest threadfin rainbows and those are really pretty too. I think I saw some recently as well.

I do like gouramis as well. Of I can rehome my angel I might get one. I know gouramis and angels together can be iffy.

My Lfs just a nice healthy bunch of dwarf gourami, beautiful fish! I'm contemplating setting up a new tank just for those lil guys.

My Lfs just a nice healthy bunch of dwarf gourami, beautiful fish! I'm contemplating setting up a new tank just for those lil guys.

Never had much luck keeping the dwarfs Alive. Havent had one in years but they were notoriously sickly in my area.

Interesting you should say that, they've had a tank full of then for months(not for sale) thought it was bloat, not healthy though, they did seem proud to have a full tank of healthy ones!

Sorry about suggesting tetras to you again in my previous postI think the thread fin rainbows will be perfect and the pearl gamouri is also a great idea!

Well you guys convinced me on the pearl gourami...

20131204_210204-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20131204_221855.jpg

And a few others....

Albino bristlenose
ForumRunner_20131204_221907.jpg

This handsome guy (I already have two female boesemani, this is the first male)
20131204_210243-1.jpg

And hopefully a pair of German blue rams. I think the first is male and the second is female.
20131204_215809-1.jpg

20131204_220119-1.jpg

Sorry about suggesting tetras to you again in my previous postI think the thread fin rainbows will be perfect and the pearl gamouri is also a great idea!

No worries. I acually did say that I wanted some color and activity in one of my rambling sentences... and the pearl gourami I got today is beautiful I am glad I found some.

I also saw some Bolivian rams and was on the fence between the gbr and Bolivians, but since I don't know how to sex the bolivians I went with the gbr's in hopes they will spawn and give me some fry.

I'm looking to rehome the angel, he is tearing leaves off of my crypts for no apparent reason and I caught him digging in the sand yesterday... like why?
Rehoming the angel will open up a lot more options for a couple of schools of fish.

I found four h.rasoboras today. Only 4 but its the start of a school. And a few more cories of the same kind I already have.

So current stock

3 boesemani rainbowfish
2 turquoise rainbowfish
1 pearl gourami
4 h.rasoboras
2 german blue rams
7 Corydoras trilineatus
6ish black kuhli loaches
3 bristlenose plecos (1 is albino)

The only other things I plan to add are more H.rasoboras to increase the school... when I can find them, and maybe a few more female turquoise rainbows. (Only have 1 male and 1 female at the moment)

I found four h.rasoboras today. Only 4 but its the start of a school. And a few more cories of the same kind I already have. So current stock 3 boesemani rainbowfish 2 turquoise rainbowfish 1 pearl gourami 4 h.rasoboras 2 german blue rams 7 cory catfish (look like false julli) 6ish black kuhli loaches 3 bristlenose plecos (1 is albino)
I like that stock! You should try to up your H. Rasboras if possible. Other wise nice stock I think!

I like that stock! You should try to up your H. Rasboras if possible. Other wise nice stock I think!

Yes it is very eye pleasing... the rasoboras add just enough activity but its not too busy. Everyone seems harmonious.

I should mention I am setting up a tank for the bristlenose to try to get them to spawn. I'm working on a few differnt breeding projects.

Back
Top Bottom