Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Alright so this is regarding my 29 gallon planted. I did have two angels but as they grew, although they swam together they still pecked each other a lot. So I returned one to the store, my other one has been spending most of its time hiding in the back since then and this morning the poor thing was dead.. so I will no longer be keeping angels.

My other stock is 1 bolivian ram, 1 bristlenose pleco, 8 neon tetras, 2 black khuli loaches, 5 false sterba cory cats, and 3 otos.

I think I am fairly well stocked, the only thing I was considering was maybe a German blue ram but my bolivian ram used to chase the angels, so I don't know if they would get along. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ph is 7.6, ammonia and nitrites 0, nitrates 10ppm, temp 78.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynicole View Post
Alright so this is regarding my 29 gallon planted. I did have two angels but as they grew, although they swam together they still pecked each other a lot. So I returned one to the store, my other one has been spending most of its time hiding in the back since then and this morning the poor thing was dead.. so I will no longer be keeping angels.

My other stock is 1 bolivian ram, 1 bristlenose pleco, 8 neon tetras, 2 black khuli loaches, 5 false sterba cory cats, and 3 otos.

I think I am fairly well stocked, the only thing I was considering was maybe a German blue ram but my bolivian ram used to chase the angels, so I don't know if they would get along. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ph is 7.6, ammonia and nitrites 0, nitrates 10ppm, temp 78.
If my newest angel doesn't make it I'll joining you on giving them up. My next venture will be GBRams or Bolivians. I've acquired another 29g, but right now I don't have anywhere to set it up. But I'm still constantly thinking about a stocking plan for it.

There are so many combinations. My only concern with the rams is that I'm afraid they will torment my neons. Have you had a problem?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey ashleynicole where did you get your MTS? I also live in florida, Reygan2 I had a couple of rams living with neons (jumbo I think) and I never had a problem. The Angels were a different story though.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

In theory another ram could be ok in there, but it depends on the individuals. If your current Bolivian is a touch on the aggressive side, then another ram may not work. But, if the new ram is the opposite gender, maybe love will be in the air (or water) and calm down your current resident. If it was me, I wouldn't try it, but thats up to you.
I am really sorry your angels didn't get along. They can certainly be moody. I am really sorry about losing one too.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

You've got alot going on in the lower levels of your tank. Even the neons will prefer the bottom half. So maybe not another ram. What about a gourami of some sort? Maybe a few more friends for your khulis?
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am not adding any more khulis. Mine are very active and my bottom is pretty full. I thought of a gourami as well though wasn't sure if my ram would bother him as well. My ram doesn't bother anyone else in the tank.. he only bothered the angels. So I am not sure how another ram would do... I might just let things be for now.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

It never hurts to let the peace continue.
Whether or not a gourami would work out is also dependent on the individual fish. Who knows? Personally, I think you should leave this tank as it is and just get another tank! Thats my favorite solution in this hobby.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I am letting it be. I know its just right because we went to the pet store today and I did not buy one fish. I didn't see anything remotely tempting.

Tags
stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com