Any advice on cloudy water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishiefish51

Aquarium Advice Activist
Cant find a cause of my cloudyness. My fish are as healthy as can be but the water is just always cloudy.

Hi there I had this issue for 5 weeks? Have you tested your water? If so what did you test?

1) Check your tank parameters
2) Check your filtration - is it up to the standards of your tank
3) When was the last time you gravel vac'd?
4) How much food do you put into your tank to feed your fish, and what kind are you using?
5) What kind of fish (and how many) is your tank stocked with.

All of these can play factors :)

Cloudy Tank Water

Hello fishie...

If you're following a regular water change schedule, then the cloudy water may be the result of disturbing the substrate during the water change process.

I have an extra HOB filter I use when my water clouds up a little after doing some tank maintenance. I just put a couple of pieces of polyfiber in the filter and let it run until the water clears. The added filtration really helps clear the water. Typically takes no more than a couple of days.

B

KreativJustin said:
1) Check your tank parameters
2) Check your filtration - is it up to the standards of your tank
3) When was the last time you gravel vac'd?
4) How much food do you put into your tank to feed your fish, and what kind are you using?
5) What kind of fish (and how many) is your tank stocked with.

All of these can play factors :)

My params are ok it just that my pH is a little high 7.8. I feed them only once every two days because I thought that was the problem but it isnt. I gravel vaced 5 days ago. I have two baby kissing gouramis that couldnt be any healthier. I use Hikari aglae waffers when I feed and sometimes tetramin tropical flakes

BBradbury said:
Hello fishie...

If you're following a regular water change schedule, then the cloudy water may be the result of disturbing the substrate during the water change process.

I have an extra HOB filter I use when my water clouds up a little after doing some tank maintenance. I just put a couple of pieces of polyfiber in the filter and let it run until the water clears. The added filtration really helps clear the water. Typically takes no more than a couple of days.

B

I have a penguin bio wheel in my tank and i think it sucks to be honest

Cloudy Water

I have a penguin bio wheel in my tank and i think it sucks to be honest

Hello again fishie...

I can highly recommend Aqua Clear power filters. I have several tanks and have used the 20 Gs to the 70 Gs and all have lasted forever. They're not too expensive, but are real reliable. I have a 30 G I use to add filtration and my tank water is nice and clear.

Might be worth picking up at the LFS.

One other thing I noticed on a previous post about your pH. Don't fret the pH. 7.8 is fine as long as it remains constant. Fish prefer their water more alkaline. Plants like it more acidic, but both adapt quite easily.

B

Back
Top Bottom