Any ideas? Help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ickletas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have noticed this morning that 2 of my Giant Danio have a white spot on their mouths. One is worse than the other, but neither is big. I tried to get a picture but the **** things are so fast! My parameters are fine (ammonia 0, ph 7.4, nitrites 0, nitrate >10ppm, checked it about 20 mins ago) and did a pwc (20%, same as every week) yesterday. They are swimming around fine and don't appear unwell in any way. I guess I'm hoping that it's a "playing" injury rather than a terrible lurgey. Any and all help gratefully appreciated. :thanks:

It could be an injury from running into something, white at the mouth can be many things. Keep a close eye as several disease manifest that way and your only hope is to catch them early. Keep that water nice and clean.

Just got back from my lfs and they said basically the same thing ie that they thought it was probably an injury rather than an illness. Got soma anti-fungus treatment while I was there just in case things take a turn for the worse.

Back
Top Bottom