Any one know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My bigger one never comes out durring the day but he almost all black now.

Attachments

• image-88155456.jpg
    image-88155456.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1315997121.jpg
    image-1315997121.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2356300836.jpg
    image-2356300836.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 97
Lol I did have a natural look n stones going on but my nephew felt the need to put some glow stones in lol. They will be coming out next water change lol...

Can they be handled my hubby just told me he was on google and read people handle their catfish? He's something else.

ForumRunner_20120910_201618.jpg

Here`s a new pic of my hubbys cat this is the one that was most white. He is huge.... ill get a pic of the other two tmw they are just a tad bit smaller.. he rearranges my shells lol

Those are Synodontis cats. I have quite limited experience with them so cannot name the species off the top of my head. Also, there are some Syno hybrids that are commonly available in the hobby so that makes it a little more difficult. :)

severum mama said:
Those are Synodontis cats. I have quite limited experience with them so cannot name the species off the top of my head. Also, there are some Syno hybrids that are commonly available in the hobby so that makes it a little more difficult. :)

The 2 i dont have recent ones yet are the feather fins in the one pictured i think is a mixed im unsure. I just wanted to up date a picture show how hes grown n changed... he changed so much since i got him. :) thank u

Have u ever seen a pleco like this i kno its not a great pic but he has like blue spots and a orange strip in his uper fin and tail

ForumRunner_20120910_203434.jpg

That looks like a female ancistrus to me, but I'm really not great on pleco IDs either. LOL. Try searching the Cat-e-log on www.planetcatfish.com for a positive ID.

*edited to add* There are many species of Ancistrus plecos available in the hobby. Be sure to check out plenty of pics within the genus! :)

Last edited:
The synodontis cats are featherfin squekers. They'll lose their reticulated markings and have brownish spots as they mature. They can grow as large as 6" or more within a year if kept in optimal conditions.

severum mama said:
That looks like a female ancistrus to me, but I'm really not great on pleco IDs either. LOL. Try searching the Cat-e-log on www.planetcatfish.com for a positive ID.

*edited to add* There are many species of Ancistrus plecos available in the hobby. Be sure to check out plenty of pics within the genus! :)

Awesome thank you for the link !!!!

Hello ya`ll I'm Mandie's husband I wanted to post a updated pic of our cats. Bare with the pics please for some reason I'm always left the oldest electronics.

ForumRunner_20121227_204310.jpg

ForumRunner_20121227_204400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom