any safe turtles for a half tank/half terra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I might be ending up with an extra tank....I was thinking about a half tank/terr, with fish, small frogs and small turtles.

are there any good frog/fish/turtle combos out there?

TIA
P.

Turtle and fish don't work. Well lets say the turtle will enjoy it the fish won't. You will need a 75 gallon for a water turtle.

I have 2 red eared sliders and 1 central american wood turtle...here is the deal...if the turtle has never eaten a live thing, then at first, it will just think it is a tank partner...however, and here is the key, as soon as it knows that "fish is food", then kiss your fish goodbye.

Also, with a turtle, even with an exceptional amount of filtration (>10x turnover), you will still have to do weekly water changes (read 100% water changes). That will make it extremely difficult to keep fish alive.

Here is a pic of 125 i just made:

rich you really think he needs a 75g for a turtle?

you could just get a plant eatting turtle

i use to have i think it was called, a vivarium where it was have land half terra but, the half that has land on it has a small waterfall connected to a channel that goes back to the water

it was fun

Yes a red eared slider needs a 75 gallon tank. There are no small water turtles. I do a 100% water change each week just like MSU.

what you are thinking is called a plaudarium...I misspelled it but thats what half land half water enviorments are called. I am making a small one out of my 20gal long once i move my fish into my 50gal. You are better off getting frogs or newts if you want to keep fish as well. I am debating over firebelly toads or newts. As far as fish go I will probably just get some tetras or guppies...but maybe even just a beta.

Back
Top Bottom