Any tips for bigger tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Actually landed a free tank with everything included on Craigslist. I am hoping everything is what it says it is when I get there. If all goes well it should be 115gal. This is the equivalent of all our tanks put together, minus 5 gal. Is there anything I need to know about bigger tanks? Right now we have two 55s and a ten. I was wicked excited but now a little hesitant because I'm worried..... But now I'm excited again! Haha! Any tips for bigger tanks would be mug appreciated.

Make sure you have a python or something for water changes or carrying buckets will take a lot of time. Also i highly recommend that you make sure you have at least one high quality canister filterI

Awwe, but carrying 10g buckets up and down 2 flights of stairs builds discipline... I do have to say I've lost 27lbs since I decided to hand raise... Food for thought

Ok. I already have a python (Aqueon version) and it's coming with a filter so I'm going to have to wait and see what it is and what kind of shape it's in.

If anything the bigger tank should be easier to take care of. They stay much more stable and there is room for more error. The only down side to big tanks is trying to move them to where you want them. Make sure you take a few people with you when you go to pick up the tank. One other tid bit, you need to make sure your floor of your house can hold the weight (1 gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds).

I am picking it up today and putting it in storage until I can find a good place for it. I am worried about the weight as well.

Back
Top Bottom