Anybody had this happen to ur filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was swapping out my gravel for sand in my cichlid tank. And I had my filter running. Didn't think to turn it off.... Anyway everything was ok until I was almost done then it started making noise... Then it just stopped... I figured it was just clogged. So I unplugged and tried cleaning the magnet box motor thing. And still nothing. Maybe it just got hot and needs time to cool off???

Kinda worried cuz it's a 75 Gallon filter lol.

Anyway thanks.

So I was swapping out my gravel for sand in my cichlid tank. And I had my filter running. Didn't think to turn it off.... Anyway everything was ok until I was almost done then it started making noise... Then it just stopped... I figured it was just clogged. So I unplugged and tried cleaning the magnet box motor thing. And still nothing. Maybe it just got hot and needs time to cool off???

Kinda worried cuz it's a 75 Gallon filter lol.

Anyway thanks.
What model of filter is it.
How old is it.
How long has it been running for.

Make sure the impeller housing is free of any debris. Power it up with the motor in your hand while looking at the impeller. Does the impeller spin? Don't leave it on for more than a few seconds, just enough to see if it works.

David

Make sure the impeller housing is free of any debris. Power it up with the motor in your hand while looking at the impeller. Does the impeller spin? Don't leave it on for more than a few seconds, just enough to see if it works.

David

Impeller doesn't move. Not even a noise... Nothing. Don't see anything in the way.

Wow I just read on another forum the guy said (please remember to turn off your filter while adding the sand, so that sand won't get stuck inside your filter) wow I feel like an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aqueon has pretty decent customer service (atleast when I have called). They have replaced random parts for free, no questions asked. But I am not sure if they would replace entire filter without a receipt though. If you have it, just call and tell them it stopped working (don't mention the sand!) or take it back to where you purchased it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom