Anyone else have funny fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
A week or so ago, I fed my fish.my betta was not coming to eat, even though he is always the first to the food, beating even the harlequin rasboras. So I looked around the tank. And I saw him stuck in the little hole in the back of a clay pot that is in the tank! :facepalm: I had to take a hammer and break the pot with him still in it to get him out! The fish is okay, with just a little scratch. He probably wont swim into small crevices anymore though, after his terrifying experience. Anyone else have crazy fish stories?

I had a rope fish which made himself out of the wire holes on the lid and couldn't see him anywhere then 3 days later I found him round the back of the tank all stiff like a toy snake

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had a neon tetra jump out of the tank into my water change bucket and was in there for longer then a day and survive with only half his body in a few drops of water. How he didn't dry up and turn into a crispy little chip surprises me. But just a few days ago I found a crispy neon on the floor :( haha hopefully it wasn't the same one

My diamond tetra jumped out when he was younger, through the smallest gap in the hood near the back :p I heard him flopping around behind the tank, and somehow managed to get him back in the water. After coughing out twice his body weight in dust - he was fine ;) He's 4 years old now. Crazy little guy :p

I had a betta get stuck in a small hole in one of those coconut shell halves. The betta was about half grown, and the hole was about as big around as a pencil. I had to pull her out gently. First tried one way, didn't work. Pulled the other way, and out she came. Had a few scratches on her head, but she was fine. The second one was not so lucky. She got her head stuck in between the gravel, and by the time I found her, she was already gone. You were lucky! Some fish just seem to be a lot more accident prone.

I had a baby yellow lab school with a group of lemon tetras. He is now in a cichlid tank. I put him in there to grow out a bit.

I had I small cory I'd just bought that got stuck in a holle and he wasn't moving so I thought he was dead. I took him downstairs to the sink to get him out(walking slowly of course) and his tail starts flopping so I run back to the tank and poked him out. And he acted like nothing ever happened.

Another time my betta got under the UGF. I have no I dea how

Fishobsessed7

My ice blue cichlid got stuck in a cichlid stone I bought online. I freaked out and called my boyfriend and told him I had an emergency so he rushed home to pull a fish out of a ceramic stone. Very little damage, and I took the small stones out. He still enjoys going in the big ones however.

I also had a HOLDING female dragon blood jump out of the tank when I was trying to catch her to move her to a separate tank so she wouldn't be stressed. She held the babies nice and tight and ended up holding 18 days before I stripped her.

Anyway those are my crazy stories. :)

A baby lab schooling with lemon tetras! Too cute--I wish I'd been able to see that!

It really was he would sometime take a break along the bottom and then right back up into the middle of the group.

Back
Top Bottom