Anyone had success with online livestock retailers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. I'm just about to have my 50 gal. free for restocking, and I was thinking I'd get some real plants, and 3-4 fancy goldfish.

The town I live in, however, has a very small selection in both type and color. I was considering going online, but I've always been curious about the risks involved with shipping fish. I was at the LFS lately, when they were getting a shipment in, and I wouldn't be surprised if 60% of the fish were dead.

My hope is to get maybe some ranchus of reds, and yellows, and blackish if I can find one. If someone knows of a reputable distributor, I'd appreciate it.

(PS. I looked in the Retailer board on this site, and I wasn't able to find too many topics that weren't talking about how terrible wal-mart was, hehe.)

I have to second the vote for azgardens. I love them there. the plants are fabulous..

the fish can be.. just call and ask exactly what you are getting, ie what size they are shipping at... some are tiny some aren't . it is good to know ahead of time.

and they are fabulous if something doesnt' ship well, they will credit you with no questions...Peter at AZGardens is the best!

Fish2u.com sells painted fish so i don't buy from them.

liveaquaria is another fish supplier and it looks pretty nice. I have never bought fish from them, but i have from there sister site Dr. Foster and Smith for a siphon and other things. Seems like a good place to oreder from, plus they have lots of good info about their fish. HTH.

Fish2u.com is actually the fish farm supplier here in florida, so if you live in florida and you buy fish then you area already buying from them.

Back
Top Bottom