Anyone have a Siamese Algae Eater???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got one yesterday and I put some algae tablets in there but he won't eat them. What should I feed him? Or is he just getting use to the tank?

give it a few days for the fish to acclimate... most fish are under enormous amounts of stress due to harvesting and shipping.

yeah that... mine just eat anything lol. i never see them eating the algae tabs but im pretty sure they do when im not looking.

Give them a week or 2. When I first got mine, they didn't seem to eat much of anything. Now, they eat anything and everything (except algae :?)

I used to give them Algae Pellets at first also, but the Tiger Barbs seemed a lot more interested in those than the SAEs did.

they will eat algae, but you can't spoil their appetites with flakes and tabs... make them earn their keep! ;)

also note that they will not eat -all- types of algae...

I bet if you don't feed the tank for two or three days they'll remember how to eat algae again. As Burns said, stop spoiling them.

A lot of the time new fish won't eat for a few days , so I wouldn't worry about it . I had one & it ate everything : flakes , spirulina & other tablet food , frozen blood worms , you name it . It only grazed on algae if it didn't get enough of the other food .

yeah. one of my plants in the 10 gallon had hair algae. so i just plopped it in the 29 gallon and went to bed. i went to school. when i got home i sawthem finishing off the algae :). and mine were really fat after that. and their growing up. :cry: i dont wanna let em go (wont have to) but still ya know the parent thingy with kids going to collage?

I have 5 in one tank and 2 in another and I have no algae (except for green water from time to time in my 72 gal planted).

Back
Top Bottom