anyone heard of a popsicle tetra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldylox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought four popsicle tetras the other day. One is pink one is orange, one is green, and one is blue but they are all exactly the same apart from colour. I haven't been able to find ANY info on them. Anyone heard of them?

goldylox

I have not heard of them either. If you can get a picture, that would be very helpful.

That's what I was thinking. It's just another name for mixed fruit tetras, which are albino or golden skirt tetras that are dyed different colors.

They looked like they are dyed so that is probably it. The colours do not look like colours in nature.

There are also fish genetically altered for it.. with a sea anemone gene I believe.. not sure if they're doing Tetras, but I know they're doing Danios.

You know, for a creation purposely created to be attractive, I've found that a lot of the dyed fish on that list have turned very ugly (in my eyes).

They look downright garish (and not very happy).. what's wrong with subtlety? Reminds me a bit of the bright pink gravel that washes out the color of the fish.. ironically used in the purchase tanks at many chain stores.

Oh dear! I did not realize what kind of fish I was buying. If I had known I would have chosen something else. I just started looking at them when I got home and looking for info on them and realized that they were not a natural sort of fish.

Corty said:
You know, for a creation purposely created to be attractive, I've found that a lot of the dyed fish on that list have turned very ugly (in my eyes).

They look downright garish (and not very happy).. what's wrong with subtlety? Reminds me a bit of the bright pink gravel that washes out the color of the fish.. ironically used in the purchase tanks at many chain stores.

OMG...I have that type of gravel!!!!

My wife bought a pink glass fish. After about 6 months, the color faded away. He is the oldest fish I have, so it must not have hurt him. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom