Anyone keep frozen worms in the fridge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MickieFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I feed my ADF with a teaspoon when he comes to the surface. Sometimes, I can't get the mysis shrimp he likes thawed out in time to feed him. I have been keeping some thawed out in the fridge to make this easier, but was wondering how long I could leave them like that? Thinkin maybe 3-4 days?? Tanks!

3 days at the most is what i would do. Mainly because it is smaller food items and that tends to go rotten a lot faster. It is something i have noticed in the kitchen

I didn't know if it was right or not, but i've been doing what psipro said. Dump them when they smell.

Same i keep it frozen all the time and just thaw it out in a glass of water. when its time. If its good for you, its good for your fish i say. you know what i mean....

Hello. I would think 2-3 days max as small foodstuffs deteriorate very quickly.

I keep frozen food for my fish (bloodworm) as treats / supplements

I prepare this in less than a minute. Take the frozen cube from the packet, pour a little warm water from the kettle (not fully boiled, just starting to get hot) and then briefly stir for tasty instant warm food! :)

All thaws it in a dish within seconds and is ready for the tank

Does the water from the kettle come from the faucet?? What about chlorine. I use the water from the tank. Maybe I'm just a little overcautious.

I use such a small amount that - a couple of spoonfulls at most, that it's pretty irelevant as, compared to the volume of your tank, it's a minute trace.

Would imagine if it's already warmed up or even been boiled before in the kettle (perhaps from your morning brew) you'll have evaporated all the chlorine anyway

Gavin aka. Worm Warmer

I have ADF 's as well and I thaw mine in warm water from the foset for them. There's not enough cholrian in the water to even trace it. They eat it and there's never a single problum with it.

trotty said:
Same i keep it frozen all the time and just thaw it out in a glass of water. when its time. If its good for you, its good for your fish i say. you know what i mean....

+1

This is exactly the best way to do it. a cube of mysis shrimp will thaw in an oz of warm tap water in 2 mins.

Back
Top Bottom