Anyone know anything about whiptail catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently picked up one of these guys from my aquarium store for my 40 gallon breeder and I would like to know a bit more about them. I bought the whiptail catfish because I thought it looked really neat and it's a big change from all the plecos I have in my other tanks. Do the whiptails have the same care as the plecos do? And do they get as large as the common plecos? Right now the catfish is about 4 and a half inches long.

I have had one for almost a year and he one of my favorites he is problably about 6 inches give or take and I don't suspect he will grow much larger. Just like a pleco he spends his day attached to something and I feed NLS algae wafers which he loves. He was done well in a community tank.

I have had one for almost a year and he one of my favorites he is problably about 6 inches give or take and I don't suspect he will grow much larger. Just like a pleco he spends his day attached to something and I feed NLS algae wafers which he loves. He was done well in a community tank.

Do they require drift wood like the plecos do? I have tons of drift wood so it is not a problem but I'm just wondering.

I don't think they would be opposed to it in fact I think they may enjoy it, but I do not have driftwood in my tank at the moment.

I've kept a whiptail cat before and he really was likes pleco. They are very hardy and don't produce much waste in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom