anyone know why petshops do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I called my petshop a few minutes ago and was pretty much just picking on the employees by asking dumb questions, its KY i'm bored and its raining, anyways I thought I would mess with them and ask if they carried a chlorine test kit lol the lady talks to the owner andwaht not nad he picks up the phone and explains to me that they don't test for these things obviously, he goeso n to say that they don't even worry about chlorine or chloramine in their tanks and they never use any kind of dechlorinator, why would they not treat the water, is it because they don't keep the fish that long or something, just struck me as odd, btw if ya have any off the wall things I could ask the pet shop people to throw them off feel free to post those too, I'm startin to run out lol

I don't treat my water here at home, nor the water at work. Most of it gets pre-treated before coming to the stores. Also, if you live off of a well, and don't have a municipal water supply, you won't need to treat for chlorine. Not off the wall, if you ask me.

They may have a water source that does not have those chemicals in it, such as well water like DT said. They may use an RO/DI unit at their store. Not all LFS employees/owners are idiots. I am sure they love people that have nothing better to do then to waste their time.

btw if ya have any off the wall things I could ask the pet shop people to throw them off feel free to post those too, I'm startin to run out lol
Then go read a book, take up knitting or offer to help out around the house. I used to spend my summers in Idaho (yes, I was BORED) and I never would have considered calling people who are working and bothering them with useless questions.

Also, if you live off of a well, and don't have a municipal water supply, you won't need to treat for chlorine.
Some communities simply do not have chlorine in the water system.

tropicfishman said:
I called my petshop a few minutes ago and was pretty much just picking on the employees by asking dumb questions, its KY i'm bored and its raining, anyways I thought I would mess with them and ask if they carried a chlorine test kit lol the lady talks to the owner andwaht not nad he picks up the phone and explains to me that they don't test for these things obviously, he goeso n to say that they don't even worry about chlorine or chloramine in their tanks and they never use any kind of dechlorinator, why would they not treat the water, is it because they don't keep the fish that long or something, just struck me as odd, btw if ya have any off the wall things I could ask the pet shop people to throw them off feel free to post those too, I'm startin to run out lol
not only do you make useless threads, you sound like an immature child. picking on people out of boredom is disgusting behavior. im glad i dont live around you.

i do have a question you can ask them. call them and when the owner picks up repeat this verbatim:

"why didnt my parents raise me correctly"?

Reminds me of the days of sending trainees to the store to get a left handed screwdriver.
or an "oversized weight", wouldn't see them for a few hours on that one coz the storepeople knew what was going on so they left them to "weight"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom