Anyone seen this color morph before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at my cousins's house checking out his fish tank and the cool mollies caught my eye. A handful of people heard me talking about them, I called them the dalmatian mollies with an orange belly. I've got a pic of them below, has anyone seen this morph before or bred them yourselves? I had told him that those were some awesome mollies, and he wanted to know of what value they were to the fish community. I said I would check with the people on here. Two things: I am not allowed to tell you how he bred them and he is not selling them... ever. So, what price would you pay for this molly?

Attachments

• Kevin'scoolfish.jpg
    Kevin'scoolfish.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 126
phoenixkiller said:
I was at my cousins's house checking out his fish tank and the cool mollies caught my eye. A handful of people heard me talking about them, I called them the dalmatian mollies with an orange belly. I've got a pic of them below, has anyone seen this morph before or bred them yourselves? I had told him that those were some awesome mollies, and he wanted to know of what value they were to the fish community. I said I would check with the people on here. Two things: I am not allowed to tell you how he bred them and he is not selling them... ever. So, what price would you pay for this molly?

My LFS has them all the time. They call them "koi mollies". I wouldn't consider them special, they are pretty common. I would pay $2 for one at an LFS, but from a hobbyist, no more than $.75, but I'm not even interested. I think basically you breed black and white Dalmatians with orange and white Dalmatians.

phoenixkiller said:
Ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha. No. What I meant was I'm not explaining what color mollies were bred to make that morph.

It isn't a secret... It's obvious. It has been done before, and is still being done. There's no point in not telling how to breed a common color morph.

How long did it take him to breed them to be like that? Or did he buy them like that?

Back
Top Bottom