Anyone use Vita-Chem or any vitamins with feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering if Vita-Chem (Freshwater) or any other vitamin supplements are used by you guys when you feed your fish?

My concern is that my dwarf puffers will only eat frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and the occasional snail I feed them. My community tank fish will eat the above frozen foods plus the flakes and pellets that have a good mix of vitamins (according to the label anyway).

Should I invest in a product like Vita-Chem in the interest of my dwarf puffers?
Amazon.com: Vita-Chem Freshwater - 4 oz.: Pet Supplies

Thanks!

I just feed my guys a variety of foods to keep them happy. My saltwater fish I supplement with Selcon.

I do use Vita-Chem, but I don't put it on the food. I just put drops directly in the water once a week. I also feed my fish New Life Spectrum food which contains lots of vitamins and is really healthy. You can normally get this food cheaper than a pet store on Amazon.com.

Think of vitachem as a multivitamin pill you take everyday. Its cheap insurance for your health. One 16Oz bottle should last you well over 1 year. I just hope my bottle does noy expire.

I dont treat the water. Only the food I feed.

Your Fishes' Diet

Just wondering if Vita-Chem (Freshwater) or any other vitamin supplements are used by you guys when you feed your fish?

My concern is that my dwarf puffers will only eat frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and the occasional snail I feed them. My community tank fish will eat the above frozen foods plus the flakes and pellets that have a good mix of vitamins (according to the label anyway).

Should I invest in a product like Vita-Chem in the interest of my dwarf puffers?
Amazon.com: Vita-Chem Freshwater - 4 oz.: Pet Supplies

Thanks!

Hello Brian...

If you feed a variety of frozen foods, there's no need to supplement. Save your money. If you want to add something to the frozen foods, then add some frozen plankton and mysis shrimp. These foods are all your aquatic animals need.

The key to healthy fish, etc. is to feed frozen foods that contain no additives. In other words, don't feed food containing additives with names you can't possibly pronounce, let alone know what the chemical is. Here's a tip: the shorter the list of ingredients on the package, the better the food. Bypass the foods sitting on the room temperature shelves and go straight to those refrigerated. The foods there will likely contain water and the frozen animal. They're much more nutritious.

Stick to frozen and feed a little bit a couple of times a week. Your fish will stay slim and trim because they'll be constantly searching the tank for leftovers and your tank water will stay cleaner longer.

Just a thought or two.

B

Back
Top Bottom