Anyonelses fish do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leftysav

Aquarium Advice Regular
2 days ago I came home and I counted my fish(I'm a little OCD and I always want to be aware that they are ok) and I was missing a fish. I looked everywhere outside the tank and in. I found my rainbow stuck between the heater and my co2 ladder. I let her out and she had about a half inch burn mark but seemed ok.

So today I came home and counted and again I was missing one. The picture below is what I found. It took about ten minutes w a hammer and ice pick to break the rock open and get her out.

Does anyone else have a daredevil fish???

Attachments

• image-3435454341.jpg
    image-3435454341.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 80
I have had bows do the same thing. Great fish, just not real bright. I ended up taking everything out of the tanks that they could possibly get caught in.:confused:

I don't know if "daredevil" is the best word for it :lol:

Do you have any hiding spots for it? maybe that's why it keeps getting stuck in tight spaces.

Yhea. She's dumb and one of my other males is dumber. I can tell them apart from the group now cause of the "scars". I have short bus fish, dumb and dumber!!

They've been in there a year w that rock and no problems. The last 2 days they've been acting crazy...

Last edited:
I told you there not the brightest fish in the world. I have been keeping and breeding them for over 10 yrs. They haven't gotten any smarter:nono:

I once had a dwarf gourami get stuck in the open hole of a pirate ship. I got him out but I felt bad cuz he got hurt. Other then that. No issues

foster53 said:
I told you there not the brightest fish in the world. I have been keeping and breeding them for over 10 yrs. They haven't gotten any smarter:nono:

You've been breeding them? I would be interested in that. Any suggestions tips on boesemani breeding. I've had them a year so I would think they are ready to go..

Boesmani's are easy to breed. Put your male and several females in a separate breedind tank. Condition them with lots of frozen foods, live foods, and premium veggie flakes. Put a breeding mop, or a large clump of Java Moss in the tank. The females will deposit eggs in the mop or the moss. After you get a nice amount of eggs, move the mop, or moss to a separate 10 gallon tankwith some of the water from the breeding tank and a mature sponge filter, with a slow bubble going. Don't do any water changes on the fry tank for at least 2 weeks. When the eggs hatch out, you will need some very fine foods, Sera Micron, Hikari first bites or Golden pearls will work for a first food You will need to have some live baby brine shrimp ready after they are large enough to take the BBS. After they get a little larger you can start adding crushed flake. Remember rainbows need a lot of vegetable matter in their diet, at least 4 days a week. They need a varied diet and pristine water conditions. Caution!! Once you start breeding bows you will not be able to stop:lol:

Back
Top Bottom