Anyones two cents or corydoras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my 2 peppered corydoras catfish! They are a little bit shy, but I know exactly when to feed them because they will swim in the front of my tank looking for food at the same time each day! They are so cute and I especially love when they blink at me!

Count me in on the Cory Lover clan! Shows us why we should just chill out and enjoy being alive and having friends. Best fish in the hobby, IMO. OS.

Cories make me smile. They are such exuberant little souls... and useful too! Can't imagine not having them!

very cool little guys. i love watching them suck sand up and sift it through their gills. they love sand bottom tanks

They're fantastic little fish who often get stuck in small tanks due to people not appreciating how active they are. They are great fun in large shoals in larger tanks.

+1 to both of these statements. I have a 37g half gravel/half sand tank with only 2 bronze cories in it and they are very active, and far more fun to watch in the sand. Waiting for the tank to be a bit more established before upping the school, they are adorable

Even my cat (mammal) loves cories. In fact, it is the only fish he will wait for to come to the front of the tank. He doesn't care about any other fish in the tank, but when the cories come up front he jumps up on his hind legs to get a better look at them.

Love mine! Just got 4 Juliis and they crack me up...they think their guppies. They school along with my guppies thinking they won't notice!

Even my cat (mammal) loves cories. In fact, it is the only fish he will wait for to come to the front of the tank. He doesn't care about any other fish in the tank, but when the cories come up front he jumps up on his hind legs to get a better look at them.

Didn't realise this was a common thing! My tank is at my desks height right next to it, and my cat will sit at the tank for an hour, watching and pawing at my cories. Very occasionally will her attention be caught by my neon, must be something about the way they move

Didn't realise this was a common thing! My tank is at my desks height right next to it, and my cat will sit at the tank for an hour, watching and pawing at my cories. Very occasionally will her attention be caught by my neon, must be something about the way they move

Yea but sucks the awesome ones aren't that common

I have had Cories anytime I had aquariums-at least one tank had them. They're so peaceful and are a joy to watch. And they add some activity to the bottom. I mean how can you not like them!

corydoras are one of my favorite groups of freshwater fish, there are so many and their personalities are just great! i watched a video that someone posted on here, about amazon aquarium fish in the wild, and it's so cool seeing what cories actually do in the wild. i love watching my corydoras sucking up sand and spitting it through the back of their gils. the first cories i had, years ago, went into a 2 gallon bowl and died i was so devastated. petsmart actually had their "minimum tank size" as two gallons and i believed it. they also had red clawed crabs with a "minimum tank size" of one gallon and i put them together. completely the reason the corydoras died. after that happened, is when i started researching everything and got really into learning as much as i can about the hobby.

corydoras are one of my favorite groups of freshwater fish, there are so many and their personalities are just great! i watched a video that someone posted on here, about amazon aquarium fish in the wild, and it's so cool seeing what cories actually do in the wild. i love watching my corydoras sucking up sand and spitting it through the back of their gils. the first cories i had, years ago, went into a 2 gallon bowl and died i was so devastated. petsmart actually had their "minimum tank size" as two gallons and i believed it. they also had red clawed crabs with a "minimum tank size" of one gallon and i put them together. completely the reason the corydoras died. after that happened, is when i started researching everything and got really into learning as much as i can about the hobby.

That is pretty cool, I wanted to know how aquariums worked so I kept a tablet with all my notes. I went to my lps and the owner asked me what I was doing, I told him I was taking down all the names of his fish down so I could research them later, he looked surprised and offered me a job there =) And sine I have 20% discount now, my wish to have an all cory tank will come true (one day soon).

I have to say the Cory is one of my favorites as well. It is especially cool when you can a decent sized shoal. I had 15 julii's in one of my tanks at one point and it was awesome seeing them move around together.

Hearing about the cats reminded me of something my dog did once. He'd never seemed to notice the aquarium before, but one day we noticed him standing right in front of the aquarium staring at it, ears perked up. He stood there watching for a good fifteen minutes...watching the cories! Whenever one would swim toward him, he would wag his tail. It was the cutest thing. We were lucky enough to get pictures of him doing it!

Attachments

• rhodie 001.jpg
    rhodie 001.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 60
Hearing about the cats reminded me of something my dog did once. He'd never seemed to notice the aquarium before, but one day we noticed him standing right in front of the aquarium staring at it, ears perked up. He stood there watching for a good fifteen minutes...watching the cories! Whenever one would swim toward him, he would wag his tail. It was the cutest thing. We were lucky enough to get pictures of him doing it!

That is just too cute=)))

Back
Top Bottom