api proper ph 7 for shrimps rcs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what is your ph at now? usually your ph isnt to big of a deal as long as you keep it consistent

imo that ph should be fine for them, just make sure that your ph is stable and doesn't vary and you should be fine

using live aquaria as a reference(not the absolute fact) they recommend 6.0-7.6.. and stock can adapt to higher or lower as long as it is stable,

if you start adding chemicals to your water it will just cause the ph to jump around which will cause more harm than good imo

Red cherry shrimp or crystal red shrimp? If CRS, you will want acidic conditions and a soft water as well. Those things are very particular to water conditions.

I have a few Crystal red shrimp and have slowly worked my water down from around 7.8 to 6.5 using api ph down they are in a 2gal tank and I'd put a couple of drops in the morning and a couple drops in the evening for about 2-3 weeks, checking the ph every day until I got to 6.5. I also put a piece of drift wood in the tank and that definatly helped.

What happen is , i remove the co2 from my shrimp tank, thinking that my ph will go from 6.8 to 7. But the next day, it what a 7.5. So, from what you told me, i added the buffer to 7 in the same day. Instead of slowly in the week.
After all, they where probably suffering from the shock of 7,5. Hope i am right about this.

Back
Top Bottom