API quick start question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob63

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do I keep adding this thur out my fishless cycle or do I just add it at the beginning

Did that a week ago and got nothing just a waste of money

Did you add an ammonia source?

If yes then I would try using a different brand. I have not read good things about API Quick Start. Try using Dr. Tim One and Only Nitrifying Bacteria or Tetra Safe Start. Those seem to be the two that I generally read good things about. But nothing will work unless you add a source of ammonia. Hope this helps. :)

Yes my ammonia is at 4 ppm before I added it

So you dosed 4ppm of ammonia added the bacteria and a week later it hasn't come down at all? Is that accurate? It could just be that it's still a bit early in the cycle or it could be that the API stuff isn't working. I would give the Dr Tim's product a try

Yea that's right where can you get dr Tim's only online?

Sorry just realized you asked where you could buy it online. Amazon carries it. Dr fosters and smith carries it. It should be pretty easy to find. Just make sure you get the freshwater one. They make a different one for saltwater.

Do I keep adding this thur out my fishless cycle or do I just add it at the beginning

A week is still early in your fishless cycle. You should start to see nitrites after about 2 weeks. The bottled bacteria do work in my opinion. Just stick to the cycling instructions and you will be fine .,

Back
Top Bottom