Apistos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dallascowboys16

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I have a 55 gallon high tech planted tank and need a good idea for apistos. I have lost 2 pairs go gbrs over the last year and want to switch. I have bristle nose plecos, a couple of platties, a bunch of tetras, and 3 Juvie angels. Any apistos come to mind that would be good for my setup? Ph 7.4 ammonia 0 nitrate 10. I also dose dry ferts if that is an issue. Thanks!

Cacs are your choice;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401926763597.jpg
    1401926763597.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 1401926785314.jpg
    1401926785314.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 71
Ok, do you have any preferred sources for your apistos? I just want to make sure I get quality stock. Is the wet spot good?

I can't attest to the quality of wet spot's fish (although I have some stock from them coming on friday). I will say, though, that if you're looking for apisto cacatuoides you probably could find better prices on aquabid. An unsexed pair of cacs from wet spot costs $25, I was able to find 8 juvie triple reds on aquabid for around $40 shipped. I know a few other people who have gotten deals similar to that as well.

apistogramma hongsloi form 2, Apistogramma viejita "Red Neck", and apistogramma borellii blue are 3 variations that I like along with the cac. Any information on these? I've been doing some research on them and I have concluded they're all fairly robust and are on the more uncommon side. Any thoughts?

apistogramma hongsloi form 2, Apistogramma viejita "Red Neck", and apistogramma borellii blue are 3 variations that I like along with the cac. Any information on these? I've been doing some research on them and I have concluded they're all fairly robust and are on the more uncommon side. Any thoughts?

They are pretty cool too, although as you said, more uncommon. You probably would have to pay more for them - I think apistodave on aquabid may have some borellis and I think he occasionally has viejitas, don't know of anyone but wetspot who has hongslois.

Ok, I'll be ordering within the month. Will post few pictures when the get here. Will look on aquabid. Would really like a SEXED pair. Wet Spot only has un sexed. I'll also have to check my LFS to see if they could just order them for me or have any in stock.

Back
Top Bottom