Apple Snail Eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOLLIEO

Aquarium Advice Freak
Such a cool thing. I was walking by my tank and out of the corner of my eye.... One of my apple snails was setting her egg cluster.
Now what? I read on the apple snail web site to keep them moist, so in approx. 14 days the baby snails can hatch. Will keeping the egg cluster moist happen naturally or should I maybe spritz them every few days? Any suggestions? :D

ha, ha... It has been crazy in my world. Thanks for noticing Allivymar :wink:
Well, She laid them right below the rim of the tank. here is a pic of her while she was depositing her eggs.
Well, I am not sure what I am going to do ... if the babies make it??? Probablly give them to friends with aquariums. They are great pets. I already have 9. I love them!!! :p

Oh, I almost forgot..... She laid them about 6" above the water. Here is another pic of just the egg cluster when she was done... 8O

*grin* Some of us notice when regulars disappear. Glad you're back! We missed ya.

Even tho I loathe snails LOL I have some info for ya. Your snail eggs should be fine where they are. You can read more about it here: http://www.applesnail.net/

Speaking of which! Where is Punkymom? I haven't seen any posts from her in a while! And only a very few from Megalofyia.

:( :(

Bearfan... 50 of them????
Do you have Apple snails? Will the cluster dry out easily? I just want them to hatch safely and for me not to have to break the cluster open... like it suggests on www.applesnail.net.

Thanks for the welcome back!.. I didn't really go anywhere. :wink:
I have been lurking around, but i have had such an internet problem that I couldn't even post. When I went to post it took like 5 hours !!! or just get disconected all together!! Then I got soooooooo backed up at work I couldn't even sneak on for a sec. Needless to say, I have great DSL now! Finally back in business!! :lol:
Gosh!! I really missed this place!!!!

Okay, so the snail now has two identical clusters of eggs. They are 'egg'sactly a week apart. How do I know if the snails can not break out??? It has been 14 days for the one cluster. Should I be moistening it or something??

Back
Top Bottom