Apple Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

hey guys it would help me if you knew anything about apple snails, i just got one today he is about the size of my fist, will he/she reproduce by itself? and my snail hasnt come out of his shell yet, it has been 1 1/2 hour(s)

Wow...an apple snail...good going Rudy! Is it a gold snail? More than likely, he will remain still for awhile while he acclimates to your tank. Then it's off to the races. There is no place in the tank he will not go.

If you have any openings in your hood, it would be a good idea to get something to cover it as snails are known escape artists. I am currently using a small piece of saran wrap...but mesh or cloth is equally good. I don't believe your snail will reproduce by itself unless it is an egg-laden female.

it cant i dont think. apple snails have both reproductive organs but they need another apple snail to lay eggs.

thanks guys, i jut took a look at it, alittle of it came out, but it is still in the same spot, how long until he/she is happy in my tank and do you think it is a good idea for me to get some more apple snails and so they lay eggs? cause out off all the snails, apple and Mystery snails are my fav

My apple snail sometimes doesn't do anything for over a day, so I wouldn't worry about it. I think I must have gotten the laziest one at the store or something. :roll:

well the one i got he was on the wall of the tank, and i saw one that was floating also if my snail is floating is it bad to turn him upside down to get the extra air out?

good news guys, he just came fully ouy of his shell and now he is on the wall of the tank, hopefully he cant push the hood open

i have a plastic hood

Back
Top Bottom