Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 29
Aqadvisor help needed please...

Hi, I have a 53 gallon tank with a Fluval 306 canister as my main filter, but I also have a sponge filter which isn't listed on Aqadvisor.

Would anyone know what the equivalent would be on the site? Pic below....

__________________

__________________
Brian79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 171
What are the measurements of your current sponge filter?

Here are some sponge filters listed on Drs. Foster and Smith:

Hikari Aquarium Solutions Bacto-Surge Foam Filter: Internal Aquarium Filters

From this link, it looks like you'd need the large sponge filter (up to 75 gallon tank).
__________________

__________________
drm315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 29
When I bought the sponge filter I was looking for something small so that I could put it in a hospital/quarantine tank if needed.

Measurements are 76mm x 76mm x 187mm
__________________
Brian79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian79 View Post
When I bought the sponge filter I was looking for something small so that I could put it in a hospital/quarantine tank if needed.

Measurements are 76mm x 76mm x 187mm
That's exactly what I was looking for when I ordered from Drs. Foster and Smith. I bought the "mini" one, which is for up to 10 gallons. If you click the link in my last post it will take you directly to the sponge filter page on their website. Very easy and if you order a few more things, shipping is free on orders over $19, which was easy for me to do.
__________________
drm315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm315 View Post
That's exactly what I was looking for when I ordered from Drs. Foster and Smith. I bought the "mini" one, which is for up to 10 gallons. If you click the link in my last post it will take you directly to the sponge filter page on their website. Very easy and if you order a few more things, shipping is free on orders over $19, which was easy for me to do.
Ok so it'll be 10 gallons on Aqadvisor then

I'm not looking for another filter I just wanted to know what I could enter into their website for stocking etc

EDIT: Turns out the "Lustar Hydro Sponge Filter 0" is 10 gallons
__________________
Brian79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian79 View Post
Ok so it'll be 10 gallons on Aqadvisor then

I'm not looking for another filter I just wanted to know what I could enter into their website for stocking etc

EDIT: Turns out the "Lustar Hydro Sponge Filter 0" is 10 gallons
Ah...gotcha - thought you were looking to replace that filter. Glad you found what you were looking for.
__________________

__________________
drm315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aqadvisor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me understand aqadvisor philipraposo198 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 5 01-20-2015 09:37 AM
Stocking help - use Aqadvisor Andrewz00 Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 7 01-24-2013 12:49 PM
AQADVISOR - Strange stocking advice JerryO Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 7 07-10-2010 04:53 PM
AqAdvisor - How Legit? taylorodw Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 24 05-17-2010 03:08 AM
Stocking 20 gal-your opinion vs AqAdvisor. MrNitrite Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 8 10-27-2009 01:22 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×