AqAdvisor question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
How accurate is the AqAdvisor website? I was looking at what fish would work with my tank and I don't want to get something that isn't going to work. Also I was wondering about when it says its recommended to have 5 of a certain fish, for example it says for black skirt tetras I should have 5, would it be ok to have 3 or 4 or is 5 a must? Thanks

AqAdvisor is quite accurate and I use it a lot to check some combinations. Needless to say, you should also always do you're own research before applying what is stated, and assimilating information.
If i am correct, if they are less then 5, it can bring some unwanted behavior. I checked on a few website, they also recommend at least 6. So I wouldn't expect something exceptional at 3 or 4. I heard that if you don't put them in a school of a high enough amount, it can start behavioral conflicts and fin nipping.

Do you know of a similar website to AqAdvisor that has a database with tons of fish? Usually when I google to see what a fish looks like I get 500 different fish.

I wouldn't think so. It would primarily depend on what section of fish you would be looking for and also using as much keywords as possible.

How accurate is the AqAdvisor website? I was looking at what fish would work with my tank and I don't want to get something that isn't going to work. Also I was wondering about when it says its recommended to have 5 of a certain fish, for example it says for black skirt tetras I should have 5, would it be ok to have 3 or 4 or is 5 a must? Thanks

For black skirt tetras yes 5 is a must. They are schooling fish.

Live Aquaria is good for searching fish.
IMO you should only use AqAdvisor as a guideline, but come here for better answers.

Back
Top Bottom