Aqua clear 110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
Suggestions on reducing the flow rate? Obviously other then what's on the filter itself

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Another thing you can try is redirecting the output. I like the AC series but I find the direction of the outflow disruptive. If I can find the thread I posted on this I will post the link.
Basically, you take a section of the plastic strip that fits along the back portion of the all glass canopy top. Cut it to the width of the filter output. Attach it to the filter output just as you would attach it to the glass canopy. It may take some crimping to get a snug fit. Also, the plastic strip can be bent and curved so that it directs the flow along the surface (or below).

Another thing you can try is redirecting the output. I like the AC series but I find the direction of the outflow disruptive. If I can find the thread I posted on this I will post the link.
Basically, you take a section of the plastic strip that fits along the back portion of the all glass canopy top. Cut it to the width of the filter output. Attach it to the filter output just as you would attach it to the glass canopy. It may take some crimping to get a snug fit. Also, the plastic strip can be bent and curved so that it directs the flow along the surface (or below).

Wow that's a good idea, I do have some of the plastic left to

Or make a baffle so that instead of getting a waterfall, you'd get a wave along the surface of the water. I think os scales made one using a Poland spring bottle. I used a big piece of vinyl tubing for mine. Check it out.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304025

All the best.

I like that idea to. I'll try them out and see what happens. Thanks for all the help

Found it!
Here is an old pic of this in action:
szcGBEg.jpg

Go to post #3: Micro bubbles and overstocked?
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251712

Back
Top Bottom