Aqua Clear impellers interchangeable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsuzot

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A local person has an Aqua Clear 70 for sale for $20 but it needs an impeller. Can I use an Aqua Clear 20 impeller in the 70 to lower the flow rate?
I'd like to put it on my 10g and I'm afraid the 70 with the stock impeller would be to strong. I was thinking with the 20 impeller the flow would be lower but I'd still have the big media basket for extra filtration.

The impellers of aquaclear 20-70 are all interchangeable.
^^ I am corrected and agree ^^
My bad !:facepalm:
I just ordered al sorts of parts and note only one impeller on my shelf..They do all fit 20-70 and like OP asked have different amount of paddles so a 20 would just run a 70 slower..Tubes change at 70 and pumps change on 110 I believe..They are a very universal filter as far as parts go.(y)

The impellers of aquaclear 20-70 are all interchangeable.

Thank you very much!

^^ I am corrected and agree ^^
My bad !:facepalm:
I just ordered al sorts of parts and note only one impeller on my shelf..They do all fit 20-70 and like OP asked have different amount of paddles so a 20 would just run a 70 slower..Tubes change at 70 and pumps change on 110 I believe..They are a very universal filter as far as parts go.(y)
I'll be putting it on a 10g that already has a 20 on it. I was hoping to pull the impeller out of my 20 and swap it.
Do you know anything about aftermarket filter inserts. He said he had an acrylic insert that changes the way it flows through the filter for it he'd sell for $15 extra. He said he used it as a refugium on a salt water tank.

Correct size impellers are cheap enough online. For the proper performance, I'd recommend getting the proper impeller.

Do you know anything about aftermarket filter inserts. He said he had an acrylic insert that changes the way it flows through the filter for it he'd sell for $15 extra. He said he used it as a refugium on a salt water tank.

This is probably what he is talking about:
InTank AquaClear 70 Media Basket

It forces the water to go through the sponge and down, then up through your media.

Back
Top Bottom