Aqua-Medic 1000 or Reg Grigg Reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazmine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, new member here putting together a 55 gallon FW planted tank. I have been slowly putting all the pieces together and am just finishing up the CO2 part. I am doing pressurized and think I will get a regulator from Rex's site because I have read so many good things about it. I am considering a reactor, either the Aqua-Medic or just getting the one that Rex makes (I don't want to do it myself). Any opinions on these? Will one disperse CO2 better than the other? I am brand new to this and still trying to figure it all out.

I have 2 filters I bought, an XP3 and the Eheim 2028. I see that they both have 5/8 inch tubing and the Aqua-medic uses 1/2 inch. Should I be concerned about having to use smaller tubing and will this greatly reduce the flow of my filter?

The 2 you mentioned are pretty much the same thing, just the aqua-medic one is packaged to be more "pretty", but they both work the same way.

Are you sure you don't want to do it yourself? You can build the same thing for around $25 and it's very simple to do. Sparky697 has a post in the DIY thread that takes you through it step by step.

Well I can get it online for $23 so I that is easier for me. Should I go with Rex's just so that I can use the 5/8" tubing that goes with my filters?

in line reactors are very nice though they do slow down the flow. i say go for it.

has rex caught up on his shipping yet?

in line reactors are very nice though they do slow down the flow. i say go for it.

has rex caught up on his shipping yet?

I don't know, is he usually slow to ship? I haven't ordered yet because I'm waiting on a reply to an email I sent him.

I've heard that inline reactors slow down the filter. Is it usually noticeable enough that I should consider a differnt method?

Back
Top Bottom