Aquabid experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I am wondering what kind of experience you all have had when buying fish on aquabid. I'm looking into buying a plakat beta but the whole idea intimidates me because I've never ordered fish online. How does shipping fish overseas work? On a page about a fish from Thailand it said shipping to the US was only $5. Does that mean once it's in the US you have to pay more to get it shipped to your house? Thanks for any input!

Yes, the overseas shipping cost does not include the shipping from the transshipper to you. Usually this ends up somewhere between $20-$50 extra. The seller just lists the price they know, how much they pay to get it to their transshipper, and then hands the transaction off to them.

Most people don't try to buy a single betta from the overseas betta breeders because it's just not economical.

Wow that's a lot. Well guess I won't be doing that- thanks!

Wow that's a lot. Well guess I won't be doing that- thanks!

Yeah... That's why the main buyers from the overseas shippers are folks that either go in on a group order, or they're buying stock to start up their breeding lines ;) It's just too much for your average betta keeper who's just looking for a pretty betta!

They do.... Which is why the betta breeders here in the US start with stock from there :) There should be quite a few US breeders on Aquabid if you look carefully, but again, shipping fish will run you around $20 even from a US breeder. Your best bet if you don't like the offerings at your LFS is to check if you have an aquarium club in your area and attend one of their meetings. There's almost always a few breeders in your area that you can meet there and network with.

there are some breeders in the us though, it will display next to the betta description as the flag normally. Also, look up the user "chard" on aquabid. He breeds bettas (in Missouri I think?) And usually has a few fish available.

Back
Top Bottom