Aquarium and TVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AshleyNicole said:
love how you threw in the xbox 360.. our friend got one and we played it... and honestly it seems more like a hassle than anything else. YOu have to buy the hard drive to save games, you have to buy whatever is needed to play the old games... i mean it has a little bit better graphics according to my husband, and the controllers are a bit nicer, but definitely not worth the cash at this point.. we've only had our xbox for a year and i was just thinking about investing in wireless controllers!!! LOL. His does have the wireless controllers and i have to admit that's pretty sweet.

Ah but the graphics are much much better. Especially in HD.

I also moved the aquarium and the TV back down the wall. The tank is now in the living room. So you see the 75 in the entry and as you sit down the other tank is off to the right of the big TV, separated by a wall :)

Looks good. Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

I agree with AshleyNicole,messing around with that hardrive stuff and yeah.IMO I like the PS2 better that the Xbox360.Also I would risk having an aquarium under the T.V,the T.V might fall on the aquarium,evap. breaking the TV.

I don't see what the big deal of the harddrive is since you can buy it with it already in the system and most consoles to date have required memory cards to save games.

I think it was a smart move to relocate the tank though...I really don't think the evaporation would have caused you problems but it's hard to say and who wants to ruin their nice TV? I'm not sure how distracting it would have been since my tank is located right next to my TV and when I want to watch TV I can focus my attention on what I'm doing ;)

It was up there. Wasnt distracting to me at all.

There is NO way the TV was falling off the wall so that wasnt a worry.
As far as the PS2 being better than the 360? 8O No.

The tank looks really good where its at now. Im happy with the location. Cycling now, used Eco complete. Planted some stuff yesterday. The neons will me much happier not being chased by the big bad Angels. 8)

I do feel a liiiitle silly spending $450 to save $7 dollars in fish. But Im an animal person. Dont want to see the little suckers get hurt. :D

yeah, the PS2 really doesn't compare to the 360 as far as graphics go. Of course there is a wider selection of games, but whatever. Glad to hear you found a solution that works for you.

There is NO way the TV was falling off the wall so that wasnt a worry.

I kind of figured that you'd attach that bugger to the wall securely. :lol:
Happy to hear that you found a good place for your tank and TV.

How will the fish watch TV if they are under it???

I always like to think that my fish actually watch TV... I catch some of them staring in the direction of the TV for long periods... I guess it may be the colors that keep their attention, but if some people can talk to their tanks then I can imagine that mine are enjoying whatever show I'm watching (I personally think they are avid Red Dwarf fans ;) )

Rondory said:
What's the differance if you live in an extremely humid location or hang the tv above an aquarium? It would seem that they'd make the TV to with-stand some extra humidity. I'm not 100% positive that I risk it, so only half listen to me.

That was my main point. :)

As for the LCD being my secondary the wife and I are gadget freaks. And DINKS ;)

And the Xbox is true HD. :p Its amazing the struggle PS and Xbox folks have lol

They are both great. I see it this way. Xbox is geared more to the adult gamer. PS bridges both gaps, Nintendo is geared to kids.

Back to the tank. Moved the neons over yesterday. They are much happier not being chased, they are actually schooling again. Gonna add a few more tetras a pleco and some loaches I think.

haha, good thing this is not a gaming forum. You'd have a million Nintendo fans riding you for that comment. "There isn't a single thing 'kiddy' about Mario Party Pokemon!" lol, I'm a PS2/xbox fan myself....sadly at the moment I have neither. I just play games on my fancy gaming PC which is better anyway. lol :wink:

I have a Game Cube currently but am planning to move to the 360 as soon as I can find one. I think there is a misconception of what age group Nintendo system games are for. There are certainly a high number of 'kiddie' games (though Mario Party is a great party game for any age ;) ) for the Nintendo system, but I really don't think the games that I have would have classified as kiddie. I'm looking forward to my 360 though :fadein:

And not to get off-topic too much :

What's the differance if you live in an extremely humid location or hang the tv above an aquarium? It would seem that they'd make the TV to with-stand some extra humidity. I'm not 100% positive that I risk it, so only half listen to me.

The amount of humidity over a fish tank would likely be higher than what most atmospheric humidty would be in the home I would imagine. We're talking about a decent size surface area of water continually evaporating. It probably wouldn't do anything since I doubt it's enough but why take the chance?

haha, I wouldn't go so far as to say mario party is a great game...but it is decent with a large group of friends. I dunno...I think most of nintendo's 1st party stuff has just gotten tired over the years...what with the dozens of mario sports games and such...what next...an actual mario plumbing sim? lol

Great party game...not a great game ;) That and Smash Bros are great when your motor reflexes are a bit impaired :lol:

As for the LCD being my secondary the wife and I are gadget freaks. And DINKS

The DINKS lifesyle rocks! You don't have to share your toys with anyone else and you can have tons of them!

no problem with himidity for me,in my gallery u can see my lcd sitting right on top of my tank and its been that way almost a year now..no problems

Back
Top Bottom