Aquarium back up and running after the flood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffruth

Aquarium Advice Freak
2 1/2 months ago on May 18 my sump overflowed and flooded my floor causing substantial damage to all my hardwood so we had to get the entire upstairs floor replaced, sucked. Since then my fish have been living in a cooler with some media, an air pump, and a 80 gallon an hour Powerhead.

Well floors are back in and my aquarium is now up and running again. I have made a few changes, painted it blue and I've done drift wood instead of rocks. Driftwood floats so I have it stainless steel wrapped to some fairly large rocks to hold it down until it gets nice and soggy and water logged.

I am doing daily water changes of about 75% so that I can get rid of all the cloudiness. I find it funny that even though the sand was in there before it's still super cloudy now. Used all the media from before. Kept my sump running with a few fish and all the media left over not in the cooler so hoping I do not get a big cycle. I do expect a mini cycle.

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 41
It is going good. Fish are all nicely coloured back up. Tank is running smooth. All the fish seem to be happy again. Shadow, my red tail shark, is being a grump. Chasing the fish away from her stump that she seems to be trying to claim ?

Best part of the new setup is there is more open water and the Tetras are all schooling really nice. Didn't get that with the rocks I had before. Was less room for them to freely swim about.

Waiting a few days then I will do another water change. Checked all the parameters last night and everything looks as it should so stoked for that. Planning out the plants now.

Back
Top Bottom