aquarium near a tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_in_MN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm trying to find a spot where I can place my 4th aquarium (succumb to the MTS :lol:), and one of the places that would work fairly well is right near my entertainment center. This tank would be a 5.5g planted tank, inhabitants still in the planning stages.

Does anyone have any of their aquariums near their TV? Is it bad for the fish to be that close to the noise coming from it? Also, since I'm more of a night owl than an early bird, I'm wondering if that would pose a problem.

I don't think the fish cares much about noise or light. <As long as there is some quiet & dark time for the fish to sleep.>

However, a tank too close to TV & stuff might be dangerous ... If you are like me, I spill water whenever I do pwc or cleaning .... Having the tank too close to your electronics may fry it!.

I have a 29 gallon by my tv..its no big deal. just throw towels down near it when you do water changes or such!:)

I have a 42" LCD above the tank in my room. No issues to speak of

ForumRunner_20120225_213942.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120225_213913.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120225_213913.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 796
Joe5688 said:
I have a 42" LCD above the tank in my room. No issues to speak of

That wood is awesome! We want to put a big tank under our tv like that but I don't know how much weight the tv stand we have will hold. If it broke it would be very bad for all the electronics!

I don't think the fish cares much about noise or light. <As long as there is some quiet & dark time for the fish to sleep.>

However, a tank too close to TV & stuff might be dangerous ... If you are like me, I spill water whenever I do pwc or cleaning .... Having the tank too close to your electronics may fry it!.

Have to agree. All my tanks are near my TV and other electronic items and the only grief used to be spilling water changes during PWCs and cleaning.

Only took a few times of spilling water on power packs/points to scare me into being excessively careful.

awilson133 said:
until it falls in the tank;) haha.jk. beautiful tank too!:)

Lol thanks. It doesn't lol anything like that any more. I just have my gar and BA tetras in there. Just a temp housing till I rehome them

Bearchumjs said:
That wood is awesome! We want to put a big tank under our tv like that but I don't know how much weight the tv stand we have will hold. If it broke it would be very bad for all the electronics!

My tank is on my dresser in my bed room so the only thing that would happen would be my clothes get wet lol

17g and 7g next to 42" plasma and home stereo and 40g next to kids TV and play area, no issues what so ever. We even had a party on new years eve with the tanks next to the stereo.

image-4042178784.jpg

image-694552969.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom