aquarium safe coating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard good things about using Krylon from "pros" on Youtube. I believe the key to it being fish safe is let whatever you paint dry completely before putting it in the tank, like at least 24 hours.

That being said, I did find this letter from Krylon, addressing the issue of using their paint in aquariums. Probably just something to cover their *** since this isn't something they test for. Others swear by the stuff and have had no problems, if cured properly.
==============================

Hello Xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Krylon.

Unfortunately, we do not recommend any of our products to be applied below the water line. None of our products are immersion-rated or waterproof. Our products may last for a time under water, but there is no guarantee as to how long the will hold up.

Additionally, we have nothing that is FDA approved, which is important in terms of ingestion. Our products may harm the aquarium life.

I wish you the best of success with your search for a compatible product. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Daniel
Krylon Product Support

Back
Top Bottom